My favorite song


When people ask for favorite songs or books or movies there’s always this moment of stress where you try to decide whether you should say something impressive and profound, or the truth. Sometimes your favorite movie is a film with complex themes and characters, but let’s be honest sometimes our favorite movies are childish and fun, only meant to entertain, not educate.

    Personally, one of my favorite songs is Olivia by One Direction. Like most One Direction songs, it isn’t necessarily the type of song someone might consider a work of art.Still, it still has the unique ability to make me happy each time I listen to it. It has a great beat that makes you want to dance. The song doesn’t have any powerful lyrics that seek to inspire the listener, it’s a basic song that repeats most of its lyrics multiple times. Compared to most other songs, it’s not inspiring, moving, or even that well written.However, great songs don’t need to have a powerful message, if they are able to make you happy, they’re doing their job.

When I listen to music I don’t do it to try and study the meanings of the words, I do it to relax. The things we enjoy shouldn't be judged based on their value. If something brings you joy, enjoy it!





Comments